CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Its the most wonderful time....

Well I have to say I look forward to December being here. Decemember is the last month of the semester (thank goodness) and its a time to celebrate Christmas and New Years with family and friends. This year we are spending time up North and I'm really looking forward to it. Izzy Boy for the last week has been asking to play with his cousins and so this year I'm going to try really hard to be proactive and go out and do fun activities. Usually its the older adults who plan things but I figured its time for the younger married ones to step up (besides we know what the kids are really into).
I remember every Christmas going over to my dads side of the family, and we'd always do fun things on Christmas Eve like play games, make crafts, and out sledding or ice skating. Now that I'm older I want to continue in making Christmas fun for the little ones.
This year I decided instead of buying all the kids presents I would spend the money on an activity we could all go do as a family. I decided to rent a trolley for the family to go and see the lights at Thanksgiving Point, and I am sooo excited to see the looks on the kids faces! I figure kids get so many toys during Christmas yet they really grow bored with them so quickly. So, why not give them a fun experience and memories that can last a life time.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas/New Year and that we can focus on things that are the most important: our family, friends, and Christ our Lord. Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

Mike and Noel said...

Merry Christmas!
Hope you have a great one!
Love and AOE!!

...AMELIA... said...

hey send me your email...PLEASE..i had to put my blog on the down low..lol...love ya lia