CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Izzy to bed....

Ok so lets just tell it like it is; my son is driving me nuts and I have my husband to thank lol! Since my husband just couldn't handle izzy sleeping in his crib when he was younger we wait no let me rephrase that I can't get him to 1. sleep in his own bed and 2. sleep before 10pm. This is by far more frustrating than getting my son to pee in the toilet. I hope that this issue can be resolved sooner than later because it's really annoying to be up at one in the moring, while my husband is snoring away in bed and izzy jumping off the bed pretending to be spiderman. Plus I just feel bad for izzy cause by that time of the night my patience is low and anger is high. Any suggestions people??? Honestly I'm plain old tired and I'm irritated that I go to school sometimes looking like I've been up all night snorting crack lol.

1 comments:

~~*MeLinda*~~ said...

LOL....oh gina, gina, gina.....don't you have a 3 bed room place?? i can soooo see izzy doing spiderman...LMBO, too cute, but on the real.... i may sound harsh, but i would make him his own big boy room, or at least bed in the other room. You can start by getting him excited to have a new bed and new room, you know "special izzy", maybe even take him to pick out a new night light or something or the bedding... than get a routine of like dinner , book ,bed something like that (i'm sure you have something like that anyways)...so he catchs on to how it works. i do know, that doing this all at the same time, works wonders!! (in general, i try to get dinner and the whole night routine going by 530, so they are in bed by 730-800, cause of school)

Then I would either 1-leave him in there and have him have to cry to sleep for the first few nights, or 2- sit with him the first few nights, less time each night....

That's what we had to do with Jay. I tired to just leave him in there, but he would not just cry to sleep, he would CRY ALL NIGHT, so that didn't work with him...so I would sit in the rocking chair and everytime he would try and get up i would tell him to lay back down (sometimes putting him back down) and it started with me sitting in the room till he was asleep, but then I would start leaving, as he was about to go to sleep, then less and less till, it was just hugs, kisses and goodnight. Really only took the week...

Leine was way different, she would just go to sleep, ammon, same thing as Jay, but only took like 3 days, cause he had jay in the room, so probably wasn't as scared.

I've known people to switch the door knob so that the lock is on the outside and literally lock their kids in the room to cry to sleep. my friend did that and then would just have to go in about an hour later and pick her daughter up off the floor and put her to bed.

Anyhow, WOW, so i know that was alot, but hope it's helpful, just some ideas